What type of Bipolar Disorder do you have?

Monday 8 August 2011

Sisters, Friends & All Things Broken

Sorry this entry is so close behind the last one.. but I felt like it was something that just had to be said.. so yeah.

I remember when my sister had moved away and after a year or so after being back in touch with her, she was just completely fine. No one mentioned the bipolar and she was just like she always was, a happy bubbly teenager. Completely normal, no one who met her would ever think there was anything wrong with her, I even forgot from time to time.
And she fell in love.. like really in love, more in love than I've ever seen anyone in love before. And I knew the guy (and his brother) and they were both so lovely. His brother was my age so I talked to him loads and although him and his brother had all this pretend fighting and hatred for each other when he talked to me he was always saying how great his big brother was. And the times when I spoke to him, he was really nice, and I was glad my sister had fallen in love with such a great guy, and glad that he loved her back just as much.
But when they got together.. things changed. It was alright at first, they got on really well and joked around and had fun. She'd always come and tell me about all the fun they had out at the park or at the movies and all the sweet things he'd said. She told me about their first kiss and how nice it was to hold his hand and everything. But then.. they started arguing more and more and she would come and tell me how she'd cried for hours, how he wouldn't listen and how he didn't care.
It killed me almost as much as it killed her to think of how he treated her... and when she was sitting there thousands of miles away, crying down the phone, it made me cry. She'd tell me every time that she'd just be strong.. he had one more chance then that was it..
But i lost count of the times she rang me in the middle of the night and just cried..
But this is all in the past... At the time, it broke her as much as she said her bipolar had.. he messed with her head, as if it hadn't been messed with enough. She could see it, she just kept forgiving him, because she truly believed he loved her and that he's change for her..
Truth is.. no body changes, and if you think they have, you're dreaming.

I'm not saying this story is exclusive to people who suffer from bipolar disorder, not in the slightest, I'm seeing it happen now... I'm just saying it's a sad thing that someone you love can hurt you as much as a mental disorder can. I guess what I'm saying is.. be strong, and listen, please. I've seen it happen.. and it killed her, the strongest person I know, killed by a mental disorder and then by the man she loved...

Don't let me see it happen again :)




Who do you think you are?
Runnin' 'round leaving scars,
Collecting your jar of hearts,
And tearing love apart,
You're gonna catch a cold,
From the ice inside your soul,
So don't come come back for them,
Who do you think you are?

Jar of Hearts - Christina Perri

No comments:

Post a Comment